Frequently Asked Questions
How do I install MyPlants?
There are three simple steps:
- Download the installer file by clicking the download button in the Download section
- Go to the location on your PC where you saved the installer file and open it
- Open the setup file that is inside the installer file and follow the on-screen instructions
How do I add site plan to MyPlants?
- Firstly, you need a simple outline of your garden plan. You can sketch this on paper or create it with some software like Microsoft Visio or Sketchup, or your favourite design software.
- Next you need to make a picture file from your plan. If your plan is on paper then you could simply take a photo on your camera or phone, or use a scanner to create a jpg or png file. If you have the plan in a software package, you can usually save the plan to a picture file or you can use screen capture software like the Snipping Tool in Windows.
- If possible, the ideal picture size should be about 800 by 500 pixels.
- Once you have your picture file, open MyPlants and click the 'New Plan' button on the Home menu. Then select your file and open it, and it will then be available on the Site Plan tab.
- If you get stuck maybe ask a 'techie' friend to help or send us an email.